canine distemper virus meaning
A species of MORBILLIVIRUS causing distemper in dogs,wolves,foxes,raccoons,and ferrets. Pinnipeds have also been known to contract Canine distemper virus from contact with domestic dogs.
- laboratory animal-method for examination of canine distemper virus
- The rinderpest virus ( RPV ) was closely related to the measles and canine distemper viruses.
- Hexane extracts of " Plumbago zeylanica " have shown activity against canine distemper virus.
- Canine distemper virus from domesticated dogs apparently killed a significant fraction of seal populations in Antarctica and Siberia.
- Bears in North America are sometimes infected by a " Morbillivirus " similar to the canine distemper virus.