by all odds meaning
- Adverb: by all odds
- Without question and beyond doubt
"by all odds they should win"
- decidedly, unquestionably, emphatically, definitely, in spades
adv. phr. Without question; certainly. He was by all odds the strongest candidate. By all odds we should win the game, because the other team is so weak.
Compare: FAR AND AWAY.
- this is by all odds the easier way
- It was by all odds the best game seen in Boston this fall ."
- It doesn't matter that by all odds he shouldn't be here.
- By all odds the most colorful human drama is played out where Chinatown meets Little Italy.
- Although Jerkku's actions were shocking to many, he by all odds stabilised the company.