bridged compounds meaning
Cyclic hydrocarbons that contain multiple rings and share one or more atoms.
- Synthetically, it is very useful to form C 3-bridged compounds such as through C-N coupling reactions.
- Bridged compounds may be fully carbocyclic ( all carbon ) or heterocyclic ( having one or more non-carbon atoms ).
- "' Bicyclo [ 1 . 1 . 1 ] pentane "'is an organic compound, the simplest member of the bicyclic bridged compounds family.
- The radical mechanism starts with abstraction of the hydrogen atom from the substrate to form QH ( the rate determining step ), hydroxyl bridged compound Q and the free alkyl radical.
- Although sketches of organic structures may make bridged compounds appear planar, they are not; for instance, comparing the 3D ball-and-stick model of norbornane at left, with the image shown at right, makes clear the bridging ring ensures that the molecule is not planar.