bovine disease meaning
Diseases of domestic cattle of the genus Bos. It includes diseases of cows,yaks,and zebus.
- The bovine disease can weaken and kill livestock.
- Evidence has linked the bovine disease with a fatal human brain condition, Creutzfeldt-Jakob.
- Although most cases of the bovine disease have occurred in Britain, there have been a few here too.
- The source of the bovine disease is thought to be animal feed from processed offal and other parts of slaughtered sheep.
- Two more cases have been since confirmed in what was the first outbreak of the brain-wasting bovine disease outside Europe.