bovine coronavirus meaning
A species of CORONAVIRUS infecting neonatal calves,presenting as acute diarrhea,and frequently leading to death.
- Bovine coronavirus and canine respiratory coronavirus diverged from a common ancestor in 1951.
- Another estimate suggests that human coronavirus OC43 diverged from bovine coronavirus in 1890.
- The closest matches in DeRisi's screen were apparently avian infectious bronchitis and bovine coronavirus.
- DeRisi placed his computer's cursor over one lit dot and it read " bovine coronavirus ."
- But Gus Kousoulas of Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge says longer stretches of the genetic sequence he has seen are closer to bovine coronavirus.