- Having or covered with or accompanied by blood
"a bloody nose"; "your scarf is all bloody"; "the effects will be violent and probably bloody"; "a bloody fight"
- Informal intensifiers
"what a bloody nuisance"; "a bloody fool"
- bally [Brit], blinking [Brit], blooming [Brit], crashing, flaming, freaking, effing [Brit]
- [Brit] Used for disapproving emphasis
"he's a bloody idiot"
- bleeding [Brit], bleedin' [Brit]
- Cover with blood
"bloody your hands"
Derived forms: bloodied, bloodier, bloodiest, bloodying, bloodies
See also: blood, blood-filled, bloodily, bloodiness, bloodstained, bloodsucking, bloodthirsty, bloody-minded [Brit], butcherly, crimson, gory, homicidal, internecine, merciless, murderous, red, sanguinary, sanguineous, slaughterous, unmerciful, unmitigated, violent
Adj. Expressing annoyance as an intensifier. E.g."That bloody idiot needs a good thumping.”
Adv: As an intensifier. E.g."I'll bloody thump that idiot.”
a : containing or made up of blood
b : of or contained in the blood
a : smeared or stained with blood
b : dripping blood : BLEEDING a bloody nose — blood·i·ly adv — blood·i·ness n
- the soft and bloody insides are exposed.
- i don't want any of your bloody aspirin.
- everybody gets his share of bloody noses.
- don't you think i bloody well know!
- in warsaw there is bloody street fighting.