bioartificial organ meaning
Artificial organs that are composites of biomaterials and cells. The biomaterial can act as a membrane (container) as in BIOARTIFICIAL LIVER or a scaffold as in bioartificial skin.
- This bioartificial organ platform is termed a " ghost heart " because of its opaque white appearance.
- The two have co-invested before in deals, such as Circe Biomedical, a Lexington developer of bioartificial organs.
- She is the author of Microfabrication in Tissue Engineering and Bioartificial Organs and co-author of the undergraduate textbook Tissue Engineering.
- In order to successfully create bioartificial organs from a patients stem cells, researchers continue to make improvements in the generation of complex tissues by tissue engineering.
- The ultimate goal of tissue engineering as a discipline is to allow both'off the shelf'bioartificial organs and regeneration of injured tissue in the body.