bell palsies meaning
A syndrome characterized by the acute onset of unilateral FACIAL PARALYSIS which progresses over a 2-5 day period. Weakness of the orbicularis oculi muscle and resulting incomplete eye closure may be associated with corneal injury. Pain behind the ear often precedes the onset of paralysis. This condition may be associated with HERPESVIRUS 1,HUMAN infection of the facial nerve. (Adams et al.,Principles of Neurology,6th ed,p1376)
- oh . a little bell palsy . you know, just stress
- electrophsiological study in the prognosis of bell palsy
- significance of facial voluntary movements and recuperation of electro physiologic outcomes in the first week after decompression in the total bell palsy
- "Bells Palsy is a serious condition and Steve's health is our immediate concern,"
- Medical staff treated Kefu with prednisone after he contracted Bells Palsy, a virus which results in paralysis to one side of the face.