- Noun: bead beed
- A small ball with a hole through the middle
- A shape that is spherical and small
"beads of sweat on his forehead"
- drop, pearl
- A beaded moulding for edging or decorating furniture
- beading, beadwork, astragal
- Form into beads, as of water or sweat, for example
- Decorate by sewing beads onto
"bead the wedding gown"
- String together like beads
Derived forms: beads, beading, beaded
See also: beady
A bead molding.2.
A narrow wood strip, molded on one edge, against which a door or window sash closes; a stop bead.3.
A strip of metal or wood used around the periphery of a pane of glass to secure it in a frame, ventilator, or sash; a stop4.
The act of carving or running a bead; beading.8.
In metal roofing or flashing, the shape formed by folding a narrow strip of the edge flat or rolling it into a tube in order to stiffen or fasten the metal.9.
A factory-formed light-gauge metal strip having one or two expanded or short perforated flanges and variously shaped noses; used at the perimeter of plastered surface as a casing bead or plaster stop, and at corners to reinforce the edge.10.
A hardened drop of excess paint or varnish.11.
A narrow, convex strip of sealant, such as caulking or glazing compound.12.
A weld bead.
- bead and reel, reel and bead: [Architecture]A se ...
- draft bead, deep bead, sill bead, ventilating bead, window bead: [Architecture]A sm ...
- bead and butt, bead butt, bead butt work: [Architecture]Fram ...
- More: Next
- beads of pain broke out on her forehead.
- the child had a little necklace on of gold beads.
- his face was covered with beads of sweat.
- metal and glass beads may be removed by irrigation.
- glass bead gels need not be hydrated prior to use.