- Noun: banking bangking
- Engaging in the business of keeping money for savings and checking accounts or for exchange or for issuing loans and credit etc.
- Transacting business with a bank; depositing or withdrawing funds or requesting a loan etc.
- Tip laterally
"the pilot had to bank the aircraft"
- Enclose with a bank
- Do business with a bank or keep an account at a bank
"Where do you bank in this town?"
- Act as the banker in a game or in gambling
- Be in the banking business
- Put into a bank account
- Cover with ashes so to control the rate of burning
"bank a fire"
- Have confidence or faith in
"bank on your good education"
- trust, swear, rely
Derived forms: bankings
Encyclopedia: BankBanking, Insurance and Finance Union Banking Banking, Insurance and General Workers Union Banking, Violence and the Inner Life Today Banking, Violence And The Inner Life Today
CONSUMER BANKING, HOME BANKING, RETAIL BANKING
the business activity of banks:
a career in banking
You may find it difficult to get to a bank during banking hours.
❖ business/corporate/personal banking
◆ the banking industry/sector banking facilities/hours/services
the activity of using the services that a bank offers:
About 20% of our customers use online banking.
Where do you do your banking?
❖ electronic/Internet/telephone banking
The activities undertaken by banks; this includes personal banking (non-business customers), commercial banking (small and medium-sized business customers), and corporate banking (large international and multinational corporations). In the UK most banking for both business and personal customers is undertaken through the High-Street banks, known as branch banking
- More: Next
- he is launching his son on a career in banking.
- granting loans goes to the heart of banking.
- computers have revolutionized banking.
- i'm banking on you (to help us).
- the marketing concept in banking is implemented.