axillary nerve meaning
n : a large nerve arising from the posterior cord of the brachial plexus and supplying the deltoid and teres minor muscles and the skin of the shoulder
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and axillary nerve palsy are examples.
- The Teres Minor is innervated by the axillary nerve.
- The axillary nerve and the posterior humeral circumflex artery pass through the space.
- A patient with injury to the axillary nerve will have difficulty in adducted position.
- Damage to the axillary artery and axillary nerve ( C5, C6 ) may result.