Adjective: axial akseeul
- Of or relating to or resembling an axis of rotation
- Relating to or attached to the axis
- Situated on or along or in the direction of an axis
1 : of, relating to, or having the characteristics of an axis
a : situated around, in the direction of, on, or along an axis
b : extending in a direction essentially perpendicular to the plane of a cyclic structure (as of cyclohexane) axial hydrogens —compare EQUATORIAL
- angular momentum is an axial vector quantity.
- an axial vector may itself enter into a vector product.
- however, there are two possible axial directions.
- neglect the axial deformations and consider only the lumped masses.
- a trigonal bipyramid has three equatorial and two axial positions.