axial skeleton meaning
- Noun: axial skeleton 'akseeul 'skelitn
- The part of the skeleton that includes the skull and spinal column and sternum and ribs
Derived forms: axial skeletons
Type of: skeletal structure
Part of: endoskeleton
Encyclopedia: Axial skeleton
n : the skeleton of the trunk and head
- More: Next
- chordoma, a frequent malignant tumor of bone, is usually adult epithelial tumors arising from embryonic notochord remains of the axial skeleton
- Unlike the axial skeleton, the appendicular skeleton is unfused.
- The axial skeleton together with the appendicular skeleton form the complete skeleton.
- Likely, the axial skeleton consisted of an unsegmented notochord.
- Any involvement of the axial skeleton is considered to be very rare.