axial ratio meaning
The ratio of the minor to major axes of a waveguide’s polarization ellipse.
- For the special case of linear polarization, the axial ratio is infinite.
- The intrinsic viscosity is very sensitive to the axial ratio of spheroids, especially of prolate spheroids.
- Thus a sample of disk galaxies with prominent spheroidal components will have more galaxies at larger axial ratios.
- In " physics ", the axial ratio describes electromagnetic radiation with elliptical, or circular, polarization.
- The axial ratio is the ratio of the magnitudes of the major and minor axis defined by the electric field vector.