at length meaning
Adverb: at length
- In a lengthy or prolix manner
"she talked at length about the problem"
after some time; finally.
• At length, the roses bloomed, and the tomatoes ripened.
• And at length, the wizard spoke.
1. after some time; finally.
At length, the roses bloomed, and the tomatoes ripened.
And at length, the wizard spoke.
2. and at some length for quite a long time.
He spoke to us about the problem at some length.
He described the history of his village at length.
- length: Noun: length ...
- mill length, random length: [Architecture]Run- ...
- acre-length: noun (archaic)&nb ...
- at length i fell into some broils.
- he is always ready to talk at length.
- at length they came within sight of the castle.
- walking at length was his old habit.
- at length these moments of constraint were removed.