area meter meaning
"A mechanism to measure fluid flow rate through a fixed-area conduit by the movement of a weighted piston or float supported by the flowing fluid, includes rotameters and piston-type meters."
- special designs of area meters are available to solve many different flow problems.
- measurement of fluid flow using variable area meters
- measurement of fluid flow in pipes using variable area meters
- glass tube variable area meters
- The first variable area meter with rotating float was invented by Karl Kueppers in Aachen in 1908.