area command meaning
(*) A command which is composed of those organized elements of one or more of the Armed Services, designated to operate in a specific geographical area, which are placed under a single commander.
See also command.
- The Pacific Ocean Area command formally became operational on 8 May.
- The Iraq Area Command was still in charge on the ground.
- Three districts directly subordinate to the area command eventually replaced it.
- During the Chinese sources as the " Persian Area Command ".
- The loss of the area commands meant gain in other areas.