Arthropod-borne viruses. A non-taxonomic designation for viruses that can replicate in both vertebrate hosts and arthropod vectors. Included are some members of the following families: ARENAVIRIDAE; BUNYAVIRIDAE; REOVIRIDAE; TOGAVIRIDAE; and FLAVIVIRIDAE. (From Dictionary of Microbiology and Molecular Biology,2nd ed)
- Unlike other arboviruses, BTV lacks a lipid envelope.
- The La Crosse encephalitis virus is a type of arbovirus called a bunyavirus.
- The Bunyaviridae are one of several families of arboviruses.
- Most conclude that Arbovirus is, at its basis, a rock band.
- Keeping track of such illnesses is the Arbovirus Lab's stock in trade.