[ 'æpitait ] Pronunciation: "appetite" in a sentence
- Noun: appetite 'apu`tIt
Sounds like: apatite
Derived forms: appetites
See also: appetitive
Type of: craving
Natural recurring desire for food. n : any of the instinctive desires necessary to keep up organic life; esp : the desire to eat — ap·pe·ti·tive adj
- appetite alteration: [Medicine]Natural ...
- appetite alterations: [Medicine]Natural ...
- appetite depressants: [Medicine]Agents t ...
- More: Next
- they rivalled one another in their appetites.
- his appetite satisfied, his mood changed.
- the rumours have taken the place of the appetite.
- this medicine will work up an appetite.
- anxiety has taken away his appetite.