appalachian region meaning
A geographical area of the United States with no definite boundaries but comprising northeastern Alabama,northwestern Georgia,northwestern South Carolina,western North Carolina,eastern Kentucky,eastern Tennessee,western Virginia,West Virginia,western Maryland,southwestern Pennsylvania,southern Ohio,and southern New York.
- Its origins are in the Appalachian region of the United States.
- The Appalachian region covers 12 states and is headquartered in Pittsburgh.
- It is considered part of the Appalachian region of Kentucky.
- This was due mainly to the declining population in the Appalachian Region.
- The Appalachian region and the Midwest experience the worst floods.