- Noun: ankerite
- A mineral closely related to dolomite, but containing iron
Derived forms: ankerites
- More: Next
- cerium-ankerite codazzite
- Ankerite occurs with siderite in metamorphosed ironstones and sedimentary banded iron formations.
- Uncommon sources of lime include coral, sea shells, calcite, and ankerite.
- Solid solution exists between dolomite, the iron-dominant ankerite and the manganese-dominant kutnohorite.
- Emeralds are typically found in calcite-dolomite veins with minor pyrite, ankerite, albite, and quartz.