- Noun: anhedonia `anhee'downeeu
- An inability to experience pleasure
Derived forms: anhedonias
n : a psychological condition characterized by inability to experience pleasure in acts which normally produce it —compare ANALGESIA — an·he·don·ic adj
- More: Next
- Reported withdrawal symptoms include anhedonia, lethargy, anxiety, and insomnia.
- Specific musical anhedonia is distinct from melophobia, the fear of music.
- _Anhedonia, or the inability to enjoy things.
- Recent research suggests that social anhedonia may represent a prodrome of psychotic disorders.
- Rado reversed this way of thinking, and ascribed anhedonia a causal role.