anharmonic oscillator meaning
An oscillating device in which the force toward the balance point is not linear, with respect to displacement.
- the models of anharmonic oscillator of nonlinear optical susceptibilities
- The virtual state argument is quite orthogonal to the anharmonic oscillator argument.
- The best known example is the sextic QES anharmonic oscillator with the Hamiltonian
- Anharmonic oscillators, however, are characterized by the nonlinear dependence of the restorative force on the displacement x.
- The method proved too difficult to immediately apply to realistic problems, so Heisenberg turned to a simpler example, the anharmonic oscillator.