- Adjective: analog 'anu`lóg'anu`lóg
Usage: US (=analogue)
Derived forms: analogs
Type of: similarity
1. A quantity that corresponds, point for point or value for value, to an otherwise unrelated quantity. Thus, voltage is the analog of water pressure, and current is the analog of water flow.
2. Varying over a continuous range and, therefore, capable of attaining an infinite number of values or levels. Compare DIGITAL.
<spelling> American spelling of analogue.
- More: Next
- no oxon analog was detected.
- we have found that there is also a rotational analog for the momentum.
- let us compare our unknown analog input signal to a "guess".
- the voltage may provides an analog representation of the temperature difference.
- an alternate approach is to set up an analog model of the engine system.