anal personality meaning
Noun: anal personality
- (psychoanalysis) a personality characterized by meticulous neatness and suspicion and reserve; said to be formed in early childhood by fixation during the anal stage of development (usually as a consequence of toilet training)
- anal retentive personality
Derived forms: anal personalities
Type of: personality
Encyclopedia: Anal personality
- anal retentive personality: Noun: anal retenti ...
- anal: Adjective: anal&nb ...
- anal.: abbrev1. Analogous ...
- She suggested that if a child developed tendencies toward an oral or anal personality, these tendencies were a result of parental behaviors.
- For instance, differences in responses between subjects may be more consistent with an extraverted personality, rather than with an anal personality type.
- Children were asked to make up a story, based in the drawings in the pictures, and the content of their responses, when analysed, was thought to indicate the extent of Freudian personality traits, such as an anal personality, castration anxiety or penis envy.