Noun: anaerobe 'aneh`rowb
- An organism (especially a bacterium) that does not require air or free oxygen to live
Derived forms: anaerobes
See also: anaerobiotic
n : an anaerobic organism
- obligate anaerobe: Noun: obligate ana ...
- all the photosynthetic bacteria possess the capability in addition to various facultative aerobes and obligate anaerobes.
- research progress of anaerobe processing technology
- research in anti-anaerobe mechanism of nanometer materials
- conclusion the anaerobes could be identificated accurately and quickly by gas chromatography
- water quality-detection and enumeration of the spores of sulfite-reducing anaerobes clostridia-method by membrane filtration