- Noun: altimetry al'timitree
- The art of measuring altitudes, or heights
Derived forms: altimetries
"The measurement of heights in the atmosphere (altitude), generally by an altimeter."
- radar altimetry area: [Defence] (*) A la ...
- More: Next
- application of satellite altimetry technique in marine gravity surveying
- problem of piecing together between china mainland-geoid and altimetry-derived geoid in china sea area
- satellite altimetry has had a major impact on our knowledge of tides by providing a new method of the sea surface height measurement
- this graph, produced using preliminary altimetry data from cassini's radar instrument, shows relative surface heights on titan
- 5 . aviation meteorology : altimetry; turbulence; aircraft icing; route and aerodrome forecasts; preparation of aviation weather documents