altay mountains meaning
Noun: Altay Mountains
- A mountain range in central Asia that extends a thousand miles from Kazakhstan eastward into western Mongolia and northern China
- Altai Mountains
Part of: Asia
Encyclopedia: Altay Mountains
- By the 15th century the Oirats occupied the Altay Mountains region.
- The two sides battled for nine days, ironically, at Altay Mountains.
- Germans settled in the Altay mountain area in Russian Asia ( see Mennonite settlements of Altai ).
- In Southern Europe, however, it inhabits higher altitudes, being found in the Pyrenees, Carpathians and Altay Mountains.
- In fact, an ice-dammed lake in the Altay Mountains had released deluges of comparable scale to the Missoula floods.