[ əlɔŋ'said ] Pronunciation: "alongside" in a sentence
Adverb: alongside u'lóng'sId
- Side by side
- Next to, at the side of
as compared to a person or a thing. (Informal. The things being compared need not be beside one another.)
• Our car looks quite small alongside of theirs.
• My power of concentration is quite limited alongside of yours.
- alongside of: [American slang]pr ...
- alongside replenishment: [Defence] The tran ...
- lie alongside: [American slang]to ...
- she came alongside and raked him fore and aft.
- the two ships lay alongside of each other.
- the splendid ship lay alongside the quay.
- bowel or omentum may herniate alongside the drain.
- the ship lies alongside the wharf.