- Adverb: alongside u'lóng'sId
Preposition: alongside u'lóng'sId
- Side by side
- Next to, at the side of
as compared to a person or a thing. (Informal. The things being compared need not be beside one another.)
• Our car looks quite small alongside of theirs.
• My power of concentration is quite limited alongside of yours.
- she came alongside and raked him fore and aft.
- the two ships lay alongside of each other.
- the splendid ship lay alongside the quay.
- bowel or omentum may herniate alongside the drain.
- the ship lies alongside the wharf.