all along meaning
Adverb: all along ol u'lóng
- All the time or over a period of time
"She had known all along"; "the hope had been there all along"
- right along
adv. phr. All the time; during the whole time. I knew all along that we would win. I knew right along that Jane would come. See also: RIGHT ALONG.
- lookouts were spotted all along the coast.
- the enemy was put to rout all along the line.
- margaret's team had played cautious all along.
- we have been classmates all along.
- but your last point had me worried all along.