algal bloom meaning
Growth of a superabundance of algae and other microscopic plant life usually from an enrichment of a natural body of water by the addition of dissolved nutrients,especially nitrogen and phosphorus. It may be natural,induced (water pollution),or controlled (harvesting phytoplankton for food in an aquaculture system).
- during an algal bloom the ph of the water can be as high as 10.
- during an algal bloom the ph of the water can be as high as 10
- grey correlative analytic evaluation of water quality of xiangxi river bay during algal bloom
- biological oceanography; global warming; plankton ecology; harmful algal bloom
- red tide ( or harmful algal bloom ) and water quality have great impacts on the mariculture operations in hong kong