alcoholic dementia meaning
Noun: alcoholic dementia
- Dementia observed during the last stages of severe chronic alcoholism; involves loss of memory for recent events although long term memory is intact
- alcohol amnestic disorder, Korsakoff's psychosis, Korsakoff's syndrome, Korsakov's psychosis, Korsakov's syndrome, polyneuritic psychosis
Type of: dementedness, dementia
- alcoholic: Adjective: alcohol ...
- dementia: Noun: dementia&nbs ...
- demency, dementia | demency | dementia | dementia demency |: [Law]DEMENCY, DEME ...
- describe the neurochemical and behavioral processes that are thought to underlie the development of alcoholic dementia
- One patient with alcoholic dementia tested negative; another tested positive.
- There is even a medical condition called alcoholic dementia.
- I thought it was alcoholism alcoholic dementia.
- Patients with alcoholic dementia often develop apathy, related to frontal lobe damage, that may mimic depression . and it may be difficult to differentiate between depression and alcohol dementia.