agnus dei meaning
- Noun: Agnus Dei
- A liturgical prayer beginning with these Latin words
- Figure of a lamb; emblematic of Christ
- Paschal Lamb
Derived forms: Agnus Deis
Encyclopedia: Agnus Dei
Any image or representation of a lamb as emblematic of Christ, esp. such a representation with a halo and supporting the banner of the cross.
- More: Next
- John the Baptist, the son of the priest Agnus Dei.
- This is especially noticed in the Benedictus and Agnus Dei.
- The other canon occurs in the second section of the Agnus Dei.
- The inscription stones on either side of the Agnus Dei are inscriptions.
- The song features Agnus Dei, a Christian verse commonly heard in churches.