- Verb: aggrandise u'grandIz
Usage: Brit (=aggrandize)
Derived forms: aggrandises, aggrandised, aggrandising
See also: aggrandisement [Brit]
- More: Next
- I just hate the whole revisionist, self-aggrandising mindset ')
- Many of these seem to be attempts by families to aggrandise the lineage.
- In December 1822 he was sued for aggrandising his by now 620 acre farm.
- The archbishop had the support of the Meissen, who wished to aggrandise their own dioceses.
- During his long career as Premier, Smallwood was often accused of being autocratic and self-aggrandising.