advantage court meaning
(often shortened to ad court) the left side of a tennis court, from which the serve is made and received at odd-numbered points
- One advantage Court TV has in the Simpson trial, he said, is that viewer loyalty isn't an issue.
- Perhaps the most egregious was enabling Graf to hit repeated inside-out forehand shots for outright winners from the advantage court.
- The first of each two-point sequence starts from the server's advantage court and the second starts from the deuce court.
- In the advantage court, he would stand far to the left side to develop more of an angle to the left-handed Muster, attempting to pull him out of the court more.
- Shales called him " Nstase " when asking him to move to the advantage court, " like a master speaks to a naughty schoolboy . " ( Nstase has also said Shales asked him to pick up a piece of paper that had blown onto the court, saying, " Nstase, pick up that paper . " ) Nstase angrily replied, " You call me Mr . Nstase ! ".