- An organization with little or no structure
"the choice between bureaucracy and adhocracy represents a common dilemma"; "the need for informational flexibility can lead to adhocracy"
Derived forms: adhocracies
Type of: organisation [Brit], organization
a form of management in which groups of people deal with specific projects and urgent problems, rather than with planning for the future of the business as a whole
- :Adhocracy explicitly rejects the concept of having strict policies for starters.
- Adhocracy is best suited to short, goal oriented tasks.
- There have been a few people who have described it as an adhocracy.
- Wikipedia is closer to an adhocracy than any other named decision-making system.
- Adhocracy is characterized by an adaptive, creative and flexible integrative behavior based on non-permanence and spontaneity.