Noun: ad ad
- A public promotion of some product or service
- advertisement, advertizement [US, non-standard], advertising, advertizing [US, non-standard], advert
- In the Christian era; used before dates after the supposed year Christ was born
"in AD 200"
- A.D., anno Domini, year of our Lord
Sounds like: add
Derived forms: ads
Type of: packaging, promotion, promotional material, publicity
Abbr. for “air-dried.”2.
Abbr. for access door.3.
Abbr. for area drain.4.
Abbr. for “as drawn.”
BANNER AD, BUTTON AD, CLASSIFIED AD, DISPLAY AD, SMALL AD, TEASER AD, WANT AD
to put an ad in the paper
The company ran ads in several college newspapers.
You should post your ads on more than one website.
❖ to run an ad
◆ to post/place/put an ad in sth
an ad agency/campaign
Our ad budget has been cut this year.
TV ad sales are down 6.9% this year.
active duty; advanced deployability; air defense; automatic distribution; priority add-on
The two-character ISO 3166 country code for ANDORRA.
- from time to time the ads refer to reality.
- the want ads seemed scantier by the day.
- the ad campaign would go nuclear.
- the paper is a jungle of ads.
- he examined the ads in "the new yorker" and "esquire."