active component meaning
1. A device capable of some dynamic function (such as amplification, oscillation, or signal control) that usually requires a power supply for its operation. Examples include bipolar transistors, field-effect transistors, and integrated circuits. Compare PASSIVE COMPONENT.
2. In an ac circuit, a quantity that contains no reactance so that the current is in phase with the voltage.
- develop and manufacture passive and active components
- study on main active components in the extract of dunaliella salina
- the dispersion of the active component on the surface of the carrier
- research on fingerprint of active component in fructus polygoni orientalis
- study progression on anti-aging active component of naturally occurring drugs