Noun: actinomycosis `aktunowmI'kowsis
- Disease of cattle that can be transmitted to humans; results from infection with actinomycetes; characterized by hard swellings that exude pus through long sinuses
See also: actinomycotic
Type of: zoonosis, zoonotic disease
Encyclopedia: Actinomycosis Actinomycosis, cervicofacial
Infections with bacteria of the genus ACTINOMYCES. n
- abdominal actinomycosis: Noun: abdominal ac ...
- cervicofacial actinomycosis: Noun: cervicofacia ...
- thoracic actinomycosis: Noun: thoracic act ...
- a case of endoscopic surgury for nasopharyngeal actinomycosis
- actinomycosis of brain
- the pathologic data from the biopsy of the endobronchial polypoid tissues revealed actinomycosis
- the combination of a foreign body and endobronchial actinomycosis is exceedingly rare in reviews
- endobronchial actinomycosis is a rare condition and may mimic a neoplasm, tuberculosis, or pneumonia