acquis communautaire meaning
[French] The body of Community legislation by which all EU member states are bound.
- this legislation is in accordance with the provisions of the acquis communautaire of the european union
- The Energy Community acquis communautaire consists of roughly 25 legal acts.
- It would build upon the EU's acquis communautaire and the European Economic Area.
- SAAs are based mostly on the EU's acquis communautaire and predicated on its promulgation in the cooperating states legislation.
- Since October 2005, Turkey has formally started accession negotiations with the EU and these will be based on the acquis communautaire.