acorn barnacle meaning
Noun: acorn barnacle 'eykorn 'baarnukul
- Barnacle that attaches to rocks especially in intertidal zones
- rock barnacle, Balanus balanoides
Derived forms: acorn barnacles
Type of: barnacle, cirriped, cirripede
Part of: Balanus, genus Balanus
Encyclopedia: Acorn barnacle
- acorn-barnacle: or aˈcorn-barnacl ...
- barnacle: Noun: barnacle&nbs ...
- acorn: Noun: acorn & ...
- The acorn barnacle is a moderate-sized barnacle with a diameter of up to.
- "' acorn barnacle common on rocky shores in South West England, Ireland, and Southern Europe.
- ""'Catolasmus " "'is one of two monotypic Catophragmid acorn barnacle genera recognized in the Northern Hemisphere.
- This species is considered to be a relic, as these plates are found only in primitive living lineages of acorn barnacles or in older fossil species.
- It is a shallow water acorn barnacle of the Tropical Western Atlantic and Caribbean characterized by small accessory imbricating plates surrounding the base of the shell wall.