achieved reliability meaning
A statement of reliability based on the performance of mass-produced parts or systems under similar environmental conditions. Also called OPERATIONAL RELIABILITY.
- ARQ protocols have an important role for achieving reliability.
- All the pieces of the system have to achieve reliabilities that military equipment rarely ever has.
- A good design attempts to strike a balance between these two, to achieve reliability without excessive cost.
- Besides employing what was then modern signal equipment, an associated comprehensive communication network was necessary to achieve reliability and efficiency.
- In its simplest form a constant rate of change is assumed, though later versions allow variance but still fail to achieve reliability.