- Verb: achieve u'cheev
Derived forms: achieves, achieving, achieved
Encyclopedia: Achieve, Inc
verb [+ obj]
to succeed in reaching a particular goal, status or standard, especially by making an effort for a long time:
The company achieved its target of a 15% increase in sales this year.
The group had failed to achieve expected price improvements.
to achieve a goal/ an objective/ a target
achievable // adjective:
Profits of $20 m look achievable.
- More: Next
- the exchequer early achieved independence.
- your work seems to be achieving nothing.
- only after many setbacks was success achieved.
- you cannot achieve such and such results.
- do n't get cocky when you 've achieved something.