[ ə'kɔ:dəns ] Pronunciation: "accordance" in a sentence
Noun: accordance u'kord(u)ns
- Concurrence of opinion
- accord, conformity
- The act of granting rights
"the accordance to Canada of rights of access"
- accordance of rights
Derived forms: accordances
Type of: agreement, gift, giving
AmE / noun
in accordance with sth (formal)
according to a rule or the way that sb says that sth should be done:
A director must act in accordance with the company's constitution.
- in accordance with: [American slang]ad ...
- accordance of rights: Noun: accordance o ...
- in accordance with sth: [American slang]in ...
- he acted in accordance with his beliefs.
- veritable truth is not in accordance with an external.
- the scheme has been revised in accordance with the opinions of the masses.
- collecting banks are to advise fate in accordance with the following rules.
- the arrows are directed in accordance with the previously explained rules.