- Partly because " Ane Accompt " is a credible witness to much earlier material, the claim is thought probable.
- This goes back to the manuscript " Accompt of the most considerable estates and families in the county of Cumberland " of about 1603 by John Denton.
- After a long debate on 4 August it was resolved that Fowke ought to'accompt jointly with the rest of the late commissioners and collectors of the customs .'
- If tradition preserved by the seventeenth-century " Ane Accompt of the Genealogie of the Campbells " is to be believed, Clann Dubhghaill overcame and slew Cail�an M�r in the 1290s.
- The " Ane Accompt of the Genealogie of the Campbells " states that the Campbell ancestor " Coline Campbell, bynamed Maol Maith " had a legitimate son, and two natural sons.