- Noun: acanthosis `akun'thowsis
- An abnormal but benign thickening of the prickle-cell layer of the skin (as in psoriasis)
See also: acanthotic
Part of: psoriasis
pl -tho·ses: a benign overgrowth of the stratum spinosum of the skin — ac·an·thot·ic adj
- acanthosis nigricans: Noun: acanthosis n ...
- More: Next
- the overlying epidermis revealed hyperkeratosis and acanthosis
- the histopathological study revealed acanthosis, papillomatosis and large amounts of xanthoma cells in the papillary dermis
- In 1994 he devised the commonly-accepted classification for acanthosis nigricans.
- In 1981 he first described acral acanthotic anomaly ( acral acanthosis nigricans ).
- In 1981 he discovered and described acral acanthosis nigricans.