- Noun: absolution `absu'looshun
- The condition of being formally forgiven by a priest in the sacrament of penance
- The act of absolving or remitting; formal redemption as pronounced by a priest in the sacrament of penance
- remission, remittal, remission of sin
Derived forms: absolutions
See also: absolve
Type of: condition, redemption, salvation, status
Part of: penance
- More: Next
- don't worry, the monsignor will give you absolution
- .. . you have to ask for absolution to be forgiven ..
- fear not, my child, absolution will be yours
- 3 the giving of sacramental absolution to all the penitents
- fear not, my child, absolution will be yours ..