<mathematics> The horizontal or x coordinate on an (x, y) graph; the input of a function against which the output is plotted.
The vertical or y coordinate is the "ordinate".
See Cartesian coordinates.
- the experimental curve runs nearly parallel to the abscissa.
- abscissa of absolute convergence
- be four distinct points on the abscissa of the Cartesian plane.
- The proof is implicit in the definition of abscissa of convergence.
- Thus, the radius and the abscissa of the centre of the circle are