- Noun: abscess abses
- Symptom consisting of a localized collection of pus surrounded by inflamed tissue
Derived forms: abscesses
Type of: symptom
Accumulation of purulent material in tissues,organs,or circumscribed spaces,usually associated with signs of infection. n
pl ab·scess·es: a localized collection of pus surrounded by inflamed tissue — ab·scessed adj
- More: Next
- pancreatic abscess obviously requires drainage.
- i think i have an abscess on my gums.
- it's an emergency, madam, a very bad abscess.
- i think i have an abscess on my gums . this could be serious.
- most people with lung abscess will be found to have periodontal disease.