Adjective: abdominal ub'dóm(u)nul
- Of or relating to or near the abdomen
Derived forms: abdominals
See also: abdomen
n : an abdominal muscle (as an oblique or a rectus abdominis) esp. of the anterolateral region —usu. used in pl.
1 : of, belonging to, or affecting the abdomen abdominal organs abdominal pain abdominal surgery
2 : performed by entry through the abdominal wall an abdominal hysterectomy — ab·dom·i·nal·ly adv
- good abdominal relaxation is necessary.
- until the age of seven, respiratory movement is abdominal.
- intestinal suture is part of the story of abdominal surgery.
- the majority of patients have vague abdominal pain or discomfort.
- the stomach is a large pouch located high in the abdominal cavity.